Each club, league or association is invited to nominate an outstanding volunteer as an AFL State Volunteer of the Year. The volunteer may have contributed to the completion of a major or significant project throughout the year or they may be someone who has contributed in a number of roles over a long period.
Each state and territory will evaluate the nominations and ultimately will determine their State Volunteer of the Year.
- Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football.
- Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (NB honoraria excepted).
- Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute.
- Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination.
State Volunteer of the Year winner prize
- 2 x tickets to the AFL Official Function at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend (except Victoria)
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
Please provide a full and comprehensive history of the volunteer’s service, including past involvement with clubs other than the nominating one.