The AFL Female Club Guide is designed to assist community clubs and Leagues to establish and engage girls teams from Auskick through to under 18 years. It should be used in partnership with AFL Junior Football Match Guide as this caters for female participation in mixed gender competitions where a female only pathway is not yet available.
The Club Guide aims to:
- Assist Clubs to recruit and retain female players, supporters and volunteers in their Club;
- Ensure Club environments are culturally safe and inclusive;
- Offer Clubs assistance in ensuring facilities are inclusive; and
- Provide guidance for Clubs who are strategic planning to include female teams for the first time.
- For further information and to receive a hard copy of the AFL Female Match Guide and / or the AFL Female Club Guide Clubs should contact their State body and request assistance from the relevant Development Manager.
For further information and to receive a hard copy of the AFL Female Match Guide and/or Club Guide, Clubs should contact their State Female Football Manager.