Leagues and Clubs are advised that the AFL Female Match Guide is available for the conduct and development of competitions for female players aged 13 – 18 years of age.
It is to be used with the AFL Junior Football Match Guide for Leagues and Associations who conduct single gender female competitions.
The Match Guide aims to:
- Provide clear direction to leagues and clubs for the provision of appropriate pathways for girls in safe and enjoyable environments;
- Promote measures that will maximise the enjoyment and development of young female players;
- Ensure that girls football (Auskick through to U18) is delivered in a uniform manner (consistent rules and regulations) across all states and territories;
- Maximise the recruitment and retention of players and umpires through programs and match rules appropriate to each age level; and
- Offer alternative structures for more social female players.
The AFL Female Club Guide is designed to assist community clubs and Leagues to establish and engage girls teams from Auskick through to under 18 years. It should be used in partnership with AFL Junior Football Match Guide as this caters for female participation in mixed gender competitions where a female only pathway is not yet available.
The Club Guide aims to:
- Assist Clubs to recruit and retain female players, supporters and volunteers in their Club;
- Ensure Club environments are culturally safe and inclusive;
- Offer Clubs assistance in ensuring facilities are inclusive; and
- Provide guidance for Clubs who are strategic planning to include female teams for the first time.
- For further information and to receive a hard copy of the AFL Female Match Guide and / or the AFL Female Club Guide Clubs should contact their State body and request assistance from the relevant Development Manager.
For further information and to receive a hard copy of the AFL Female Match Guide and/or Club Guide, Clubs should contact their State Female Football Manager.