Match 6 -
- Saturday April 16 - Gabba at 8pm
- Women to light up Q Clash
- Queensland women have a chance to cement a place in the Queensland state team if they shine at the women's Q Clash Saturday April 16. Commencing post the AFL Lions v Suns game, the match will start at 8pm (EST). Watch the likes of Tayla Harris and Emma Zielke in action below.
Leagues and Clubs are advised that a Match and Club Guide is now available for the conduct and development of competitions for female players aged 13 – 18 years of age.
The AFL Female Match and Club Guide is designed to assist community clubs and Leagues to set up and conduct single gender Girls competitions (that is, any single gender competition for girls from Auskick through to under 18 years) plus assist clubs to establish and engage girls teams. It should be used in partnership with AFL Junior Football Match Guide as this caters for female participation in mixed gender competitions where a female only pathway is not yet available.
The Match Guide aims to:
- Provide clear direction to leagues and clubs for the provision of appropriate pathways for girls in safe and enjoyable environments;
- Promote measures that will maximise the enjoyment anddevelopment of young female players;
- Ensure that girls football (Auskick through to U18) is delivered in a uniform manner (consistent rules and regulations) across all states and territories;
- Maximise the recruitment and retention of players and umpires through programs and match rules appropriate to each age level; and
- Offer alternative structures for more social female players.
The Club Guide aims to:
- Assist Clubs to recruit and retain female players, supporters and volunteers in their Club;
- Ensure Club environments are culturally safe and inclusive;
- Offer Clubs assistance in ensuring facilities are inclusive; and
- Provide guidance for Clubs who are strategic planning to include female teams for the first time.
For further information and to receive a hard copy of the AFL Female Match and Club Guide Clubs should contact their State Female Football Manager.