Collingwood midfielder, Dale Thomas answers questions about his food and diet routines.
- Favourite food and drink?
BBQ ribs and red powerade.
- What do you usually have for breakfast on a training day?
English breakfast muffins and low fat peanut butter.
- What do you usually like to eat for your pre-game meal?
- Any superstitions around food and football?
Yes, I have macaroni cheese the night before a game, and then eat two turkey breast salad rolls on game day.
- Favourite meal of the day and why?
Dinner, because I can eat lots of it.
- Favourite smoothie flavour?
- What is the best meal you have ever cooked?
Fettucini carbonara with chicken, mushrooms and mustard sauce.
- Most unusual food you have eaten?
- 9. Favourite place to eat?
On the couch.
- Name five essential items on your weekly shopping list?
Macaroni cheese, turkey, red powerade, rolls, and bread.
- What is the biggest dietary change you have made to improve your football performance?
I now have to eat less chocolate.
- What advice would you give young aspiring footballers about nutrition for football performance?
Find what works and stick to it.