Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct has been developed for all individuals who are appointed as an AFL Diversity Community Ambassador. It identifies a set of principles which guide the professional conduct, personal conduct and professional competence expected of an AFL Diversity Community Ambassador (AFLDCA) when representing AFL. It is based on the values of accountability, respectfulness and progression.
- The code of conduct states that an AFL community ambassador will:
- Provide opportunities for all community members to engage with AFL activities
- Treat community members and stake holders with courtesy and dignity
- Maintain a high standard of behaviour and conduct in the best interest of the AFL and the community
- Fulfil the requirements of the position (as outlined in the role description) in a professional and timely manner
- Respect other people’s views and values
- Comply with all procedures and policies of the AFL including the AFL Social Media Policy (available online)
- Respect the authority and decision making of the AFL/AFL Club staff
- Keep informed with AFL multicultural and Indigenous programs, professional development opportunities, and industry trends
- Acknowledge that by wearing AFL Diversity Community Ambassador apparel you are representing the AFL Industry
The AFL and State Multicultural & Indigenous Managers reserve the right to refuse an applicant on discretionary ground based on information presented. AFL also reserves the right to remove Ambassadors from such a position if a breach of the Code of Conduct occurs.